Are you looking for creative ways to find money to donate to God's work through the Multiplying the Gospel campaign? If you attended one of our vision nights, you may have heard Pastor Matt or Pastor Guy reference a document intended to help you do just that. It's called "How To Dig Up Buried Treasure," and we've included it right here!
How to Dig Up Buried Treasure
- Find “New” Money - give “raise money,” “bonus money,” “tax refunds,” “tip money,” or “overtime money” over the next 30 months
- Repurpose “Old” Money – tithe from your savings or investment account, donate unexpected funds (such as gifts or inheritance), donate appreciated stock (which may provide tax savings)
- Make Lifestyle Changes – give up expensive habits such as eating and drinking out, Starbucks, housecleaning, gym membership, car washing and detailing; cut back on gift giving for a season
- Sell Old Things – give the proceeds from the sale of an asset, such as a car or boat, or from sales through on-line markets
- Take a Step of Faith - start tithing now (a faith changer!), re-align your charitable giving from secular to kingdom work, prayerfully pledge treasure you’re trusting God to provide
- Consider Estate Planning - donate your Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs), create a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust (CRAT/CRUT), make Mountain View a beneficiary
- Cash Rewards - give the money earned on credit card “save the change,” “rebates,” “cash back,” or other “rewards”
- Youth and Children – give from your part-time job, allowance, new chores at home, work in the neighborhood like lawn-mowing, baby-sitting, or provide childcare for MVCC events;
The Parables of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl (Matthew 13:44-46) -- “The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it."